15 September 2010

Getting to know Lyon

Two rainbows above the Saône River in Lyon on one of the only rainy days since I've arrived


Since Dan's arrival, he and I have spent a fair amount of time exploring the city together. For the first few days that I was here I would wander aimlessly, just taking in whatever I could. Now our wanderings are usually task-oriented. Dan need some shoes, so we've spent a lot of time looking for shoes in a size that is apparently abnormally large for French people (as a result of this size issue, we still haven't found shoes that he likes in his size). I needed a watch, so we've probably spent at least 6-10 hours, spread over several days, searching for a watch store we had once walked by late at night, but couldn't find again during the day. Eventually we found it- 10 minutes from our apartment. doh. 

Here are some photos from our various wanderings on various afternoons in Lyon. As you can see, the weather has been amazing. It's just now starting to cool down in the evenings, which I'm loving! 

We found a shady spot by the Saône one afternoon near a pedestrian bridge


This is my street. It was obviously named after me. Many of you may not know it, but I'm generally known as "Saint Catherine" in most parts of the world. Yeah. Believe it. 


Notre-Dame de Fourviére


In the crypt of the Notre-Dame de Fourviére- A Tamil Mother Mary


One building casts shadows onto another in the afternoon on the Fourviére Hill



Dan and I walked up to le Parc de la Tête d'Or, where I studied French in the rose garden. Trés Parfait! 

No comments: